Karren Colbert – Curriculum and Instruction Consultant
Karren Colbert – Common Core Consulting
Karren is the President at Write Brained Learning and has a passion for creating and conducting job-embedded professional development. Write Brained Learning’s work focuses on improving student achievement by clearly defining WHAT should be taught through a rigorous and aligned curriculum and HOW instruction should be delivered, with a focus on authentic literacy in all content areas. Karren holds a BS in Elementary Education and a MEd in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Missouri, Columbia where she also serves as an Adjunct Professor. She has extensive knowledge in the areas of preparation and implementation of Common Core standards into schools.
Consulting is available to our member schools at an exclusive rate of $80 per hour. For charter schools who are not members, common core consulting is available at a rate of $150 per hour.
The following is a list of available services:
- Provide on-site, telephone, and electronic support to member charter schools including (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with school leadership teams on issues regarding instructional programs and the implementation of Missouri Learning Standards,
- Participation in discussions and meetings involving the school and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Missouri Turnaround Network,
- Development of specialized professional development based on individual school and teacher needs for development and implementation.
- Provide individual school comprehensive curriculum audits to identify gaps in instructional programming.
- Provide job-embedded 1:1 coaching (new teachers or school-wide) to individual schools (offered in blocks of 20 hours or 40 hours).
For additional information or to schedule curriculum and instruction consulting please contact Karren Colbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.