School Leadership and Planning During Our COVID-19 Reality
- School Leadership and Planning During Our COVID-19 Reality
- 6/25/2020, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM
Session Presenter: Mark Comanducci, Founder and CEO of The 305 Education Group
Schools across the country quickly transitioned to distance learning as schools shuttered in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As school leaders begin to think about the 2020-2021 school year and the unique challenges it will bring, they must not only reflect on what has occurred since March 2020, but use that knowledge and insight to: (A) analyze and improve their distance learning capabilities and (B) better anticipate the needs of their students, families, and fellow educators during-COIVD, in the 2020-2021 school year, and beyond.
1. Gain an understanding of why a formal distance learning analysis and reflection is a key planning tool for the 2020-2021 school year.
2. Acquire strategies and tools to reflect upon, analyze, and improve their distance learning plans in order to utilize them in reimagined ways to better serve students, families, and educators in the 2020-2021 school year and beyond.
3. Receive an overview of the areas of focus they need to anticipate and plan for as schools prepare to reopen for in-person learning in school year 2020-2021 (multiple reopening scenarios will be presented, outlined, and discussed, we will go deep on one topic).
4. Gain techniques, tools, resources, and strategies used to build upon current practices and to better serve their school’s stakeholders when schools "reopen."